Monday, May 19, 2008

i can exhale...

This weekend I took my dad on an incredible trip to New York City. More details on that later.

I went to copy the pics and my brand new SD card flaked on me. I deleted a single file and all of a sudden with no warning or little task bar the entire folder vanished. I hit ctrl+z to undo, nothing...went to the recycle bin...nothing, checked the folder I copied the file to...nothing. I was in full out panic mode.

Bryan then called his ex-cowoker and our friend, Mitch. HE IS MY HERO! He talked me off the ledge and helped me to download SW to find all the little hidden files still tucked away on my SD card. People with a combination of that much smarts and calmness are incredible.

I was able to recover most of the pics, some a little grainier or jumbled a little...but they are there and back on my hard drive (in a few locations just in case).

I am so happy and thankful that I can finally breathe and get a good night's sleep. Thanks a million Mitch!!!

2 comments:

Camille said...

OMG, Gaigespages would not be the same!!! Glad that you are all better now. We all thank Mitch.

Nikki said...

I can totally imagine the absolute horror on your face...Glad to hear all is ok. Crisis averted. Whew! =)