Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shanghai Maglev train

I get to go to Shanghai once a year, when we do the first pilot build of the notebook I help to develop. My next trip will be right around the Olympics in August, so the city should have a really cool vibe!

I just saw this on Tom's Hardware...and had to share. They took the Maglev train, that connects the airport to the city...it goes up to 268 MPH!!! It looks fast, but wait until you see the other train pass on the track!!! WOW! I may just have to try the train from the airport next time I go!

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/31/video_riding_shanghai_s_187_mph_maglev/

6 comments:

N_Moore said...

Wow...that is fast!! Think I got a little pukey just watching the clip. :)

loragaige said...

Well, if that made you sick...I'm bringing a special bucket for you when Camille's driving on Friday!

Camille said...

Hey now... I do read these things!!! I dont drive that fast :)

loragaige said...

Hehe, just testing to see if you were there...you passed with flying colors! :)

Nikki said...

Well you should be glad that I am not driving or you would need more than one bucket. =)

N_Moore said...

Note to self...bring bucket. Got it! :)