Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Attila the Hunny

A few weeks ago, I'm sitting at a baby shower with my friend Stacie and she's all excited about her new goal. She was watching "Made" on MTV where the girl is being made into a roller derby-er...and it hits her...that's what I want to be!! So after a little research, she finds that there is a group in Houston and they have a rec league. For the last few weeks, she's been strapping on her quads (yeah, I'm all hip to the lingo now)...and she is loving it! She even has a super secret 'roller derby' name "Attila the Hunny"...it's not official until she's a competitor...so she's keeping it on the DL.

Nita and I are grabbing dinner then going to watch practice. I'm not sure if we'll have the courage to rent our very own skates, but we'll see!!

Oh yeah, also, Drew Barrymore is directing Ellen Page in a new movie about Roller Derby called "Whip it"...so watchout roller derby is going to be the dodgeball of 2009! You heard it here first!

Here's more info on the rec league...http://houstonrollerderby.com/public/pag236.aspx

No comments: