Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baden Baden

Ok, felt a little bad yesterday...but today...UGH! I felt like crap! But again, drug myself up and out of the room and the fresh air helped. I bought my ticket to Baden Baden and I was off!

I arrived at the train station and again, no helpful little tourist sign. I was lost and feeling so bad I considered packing it in and heading back to Frankfurt. My flight had been cancelled that day (due to Ike) and I still needed to go to the airport to chat with Air France about how I was going to get back to Houston.

I sucked it up and started wandering around. I finally found a map of the city and a bus map. My sleepy brain finally figured out how to get to the center of town. I used this photo throughout the day to check the bus routes...it was like a little interactive map that I scrolled all around!
I didn't realize this place was so posh. It was FANCY! There were lots of high end shops and of course the bath houses/spas.
This was a sweet little pair of pigeons. He kept grooming her...how sweet.
And this lady typified the people there. This lady was in a full fur coat and it was maybe 75 degrees! Silly lady!
The pic of this little one captured just how I felt!!! :) This is what I would have looked like trying to bike!
Another little funny site. Check out that metal ball at this playground. Umm, wonder how many kids are injured on that thing each year?!
My stay was pretty short and I would love to return and get a better view from the top of the hills! Here's my inner dork coming out. This is me "napping" on my way home. :)
I grabbed sushi to take back to the hotel and check out the cure little package for the soy sauce. :)

4 comments:

Beankountess said...

Neat, neat, neat!!!

I'm so happy that you get to travel and enjoy it with your work! You look wonderful and I can't wait till you make it to Austin and we can all go out to dinner and party it up ;-))

We need to catch up!

loragaige said...

Hey Toni!! Thanks so much for the sweet comment. I can't wait to make it back and see you too. You look like you're so happy and doing great in all of AP's pics!!! :)

Will definitely let you know if I'm in Austin and do the same if you make it to Houston!!

Nikki said...

I'm just now reading this, so sad. But man that place looks beautiful! So jealous!

loragaige said...

You'll just have to come along with me next time!! :)