Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I’ll have the hot son’s chicken nuggets with a side of pineapple’s shrimp ball

This blog is way overdue…now I'm on the train to Germany and going to get caught up! The food in China can be great or pretty weird. We had some incredible dining experiences that I mentioned earlier. A great mix of the Asian flavor with continental cuisine.

BUT, for every one of those great meals, you get something like this! This is a delicious Papa John’s pizza…Shanghai style that we had each day at our suppliers’. It has pineapple, corn, carrots, shrimp and crab. Mmm, mmm delish!

I guess it’s better than these options though. Our other supplier always takes us to the cafeteria. The food is quite good, but the menu is absolutely hilarious. John provided these images from last year’s menu. I am a little suspicious someone went crazy on Babelfish coming up with these gems!

By the end of the trips to Asia, all I want is a huge vat of queso. Cheese isn’t very popular there…so I was super excited at the end of the trip when we found a restaurant with Tex-Mex Chicken enchiladas…and they were pretty authentic!

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

"The cigarette meat is fried with garlic"?? What in the world?? Glad you found some normal food after all!!!!