Monday, September 15, 2008

Bienvenue à Paris!

We woke up early so I could catch my train to Paris. I actually made it this time! I was sad to leave though. I had had an incredible visit with the Monges and I cannot thank them enough for their amazing hospitality and for making me feel so welcome! And thanks to our moms too for keeping in touch through the years!!

The train to Paris was as beautiful as I expected! It was a gorgeous day, so I caught lots of nice landscapes through the window.
I arrived at about 2, checked into Hotel de la Bourdonnais and went to the focus groups shortly after.

When the groups were over, Ann needed to kill a little time before her 2AM webcast with her daughter. We were staying very close to the Eiffel Tower, so we walked through the park and took in its beauty. It was all lit up and quite a sight. The last time I was in Paris (other than layovers) was in 1991…so needless to say, I didn’t remember much!
At 11:00 we were in the middle of the street and the tower lit up with twinkly lights!!! Ann stopped dead in her tracks, like a deer in headlights. I had to push her to the side of the road to keep us safe. :) It was quite beautiful. Later, we found out that they did it for the millennium and the Parisians loved it so much, they made it a permanent display!
We headed back after that and Ann and Tommy both agreed to do a bike tour the next day…yipeeee!

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

Seriously...how did you ever come back to Texas? It's just so beautiful there!!!