Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm kind of a big deal

So, I went to vote last night and it was chaos! Texas never has a say in the primary (we're so late in the game), so this year there was definetely a buzz in the air. The place was insane and people were all lined up outside in the cold.
I have a hard time with seeing people so uncomfortable and confused, so I offered to help corral the cats. Most people were very nice...but one lady reamed me and was SO RUDE! I accidentally sent her to the wrong line and she screamed at me and stormed off. I just don't get how people can be like that. I guess she has other things going on that make her so angry, but there's no excuse to be so awful!
Well, happy ending is, I stuck around and offered to be a delegate in our little precinct caucus. It's my first time to see the process behind the scenes, so I'm really excited! It only means showing up for a Houston meeting and passing on the voice of our neighborhood...but still pretty cool to "represent"!

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

I think you are a big deal. How special am I going to feel traveling with you this weekend? :)