Thursday, March 13, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I have a confession to make. I just took down my Christmas tree tonight, yes, March 13! I just love having it up and haven't had the heart to take it down...but with Easter creeping up soon, thought it was about time!! A few years ago, I started collecting ornaments from the cool places I've visited and I label them with the year and who was on the trip too.

Here are a bunch of the ornaments on the tree...

A few international ones from Budapest, Moscow, Tokyo, Prague, Cancun, Heidelberg, etc..

One of my favorites of is from the trip with my mom to Disney World in 2004...


Here are the newest ornaments I've collected from Portland, Costa Rica, Copper Mountain, Park City and the Hearst Castle...

And finally, here's the latest from last weekend. This one was from a beautiful day in Santa Barbara with Annemarie, the best friend and travel partner and Brett, the best photag and guide...

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

I will be all over your Christmas tree next year.....I think that there were 4 of those ornaments that I'm "on". :) Love it.....can't wait to add more! I just need to give you my ornaments b/c I think that this tradition lasted only one trip for me. Haha.

~Kara~ said...

Holy moley. I hate to say, but I thought you were kidding at first, I mean a tree, still up, in MARCH?? Good Lord! Until I saw the ornaments, those are really neat. If I had them from trips I've made, they would say: Kilgore, Pflugerville, and Bastrop. Whoopie.

Brett Bollman said...

No way! March?!? That just begs the question... was it truly that you loved having it up or that you just never got around to taking it down?

Either way... at least your Santa Barbara santa got some hang time right away. Maybe you should have just pushed through until 4th of July. I mean... cause why not?

loragaige said...

Well, it does add a little flair to the place...but the real reason is I just haven't been in town long enough to lug it up to the attic!! :)